[drats_users] Help using RF

Dan Smith
Tue Jun 1 19:32:02 PDT 2010

> I got home and connected my IC-80AD to my serial port of my notebook
> (using a PCMCIA/Serial adaptor). When I ask the PC to Ping All Stations,
> it will actually transmit, but I don’t see any stations coming back.
>
> When I connect to REF001C, I can see some raw data coming in.

Almost undoubtedly the reason for this is that there are no D-RATS users
on that reflector.  Probably the best thing to do would be to arrange
with someone else to meet on REF015C to do some practice.  If you hop
onto the ratflector and ask I'm sure someone will help you with a test.
 If not, maybe you can arrange a test with someone here on the list.

> How do I go about this. Do I have to connect our local repeater to a
> reflector in order for me to ‘see’ other stations on my screen (and be
> able to chat with them) or is there another procedure?

If you don't have any data users on your local repeater, then yes, the
best way is to connect to a reflector where there are.

Good luck!