[drats_users] Use of AGWPE

Dan Smith
Fri Jul 30 08:31:40 PDT 2010

Hi Dave,

> AGWPE is working fine... I can, for instance, use AGWTerm successfully
> with it, in addition to some Winlink related software.  And the event
> log for D-RATs indicates a successful "connection" to AGWPE (configured
> for "localhost" and port 8000).  But no audio leaves the sound card when
> I attempt to communicate with D-RATS.
>
> So... is it possible to use AGWPE with D-RATS when AGWPE is configured
> to be a software TNC?  If so... any suggestions on what I may be doing
> wrong?

D-RATS shouldn't know whether it's in soundcard mode or not, for what
its worth.

I must, however, admit that I don't do my AGW testing with the real
AGWPE, but rather a Linux clone of it.  Maybe it's my limited Windows
skills, but I've not been able to get the free Windows version of AGWPE
to work on my system (even with a hardware TNC).  As has been mentioned
here before, the free version seems pretty crusty at this point and is
quite flaky for me.

If you could send me your D-RATS debug log, I'll look to see if anything
obvious stands out.