[drats_users] D-RATS email

Debbie Fligor
Wed Jul 21 12:57:34 PDT 2010

Bill,
Dan's reply has it pretty much all in one place.  I've added just a tad bit below specific to what I've been working on.

On Jul 21, 2010, at 11:17, William Waters wrote:

> Q: IS there a device out in the D-STAR universe that I can rout emails through when using the Radio Link?

Last night on our weekly ARES D-RATS net we tested my RF to internet reflector setup, and it seems to be working (when windows doesn't get confused).  Normally my RF side will be on simplex, which doesn't do you any good. but if you want to set it up ahead of time for testing, I'll swing it over to our local repeater, and you can either link to W9YR___B, or we can both link to REF15C and you can try sending email through my D-RATS station.  Almost any time except 9pm Central on Wed. and 4pm Central on Sundays we can do testing.  It will normally be on W9YR___B instead of simplex from 8-9pm Central on most Tuesdays for the local ARES D-RATS net as well.

> Q: Can I set up my own device to send the email to that will then forward them on to the internet?

yes. I just finished setting mine up.   ratf.n9dn.net:9001  is the internet side. people wanting to use it for email forwarding need to contact me in advance. It's at the end of a smallish DSL, so I'm not up for it to do a lot of email handling.

Eventually this will be up 24x7, but right now I'm also setting up RMSpacket on the same system and don't have 2 antennas installed yet, so sometimes it's playing RMSpacket instead of D-RATS, so don't count on it being there 100% of the time (yet).

-----
-debbie
Debbie Fligor, n9dn
A.R.E.S of Champaign County AEC