[drats_users] D-RATS email

Mike Heitmann
Wed Jul 21 11:08:33 PDT 2010

Will,

Just connecting to the Internet or a reflector won't route e-mail to the
Internet. As I recall, you need two D-RATS stations. For it to work over an RF
link, both stations would need to have radios and at least one of them needs to
be Internet connected. Then  you need to direct the e-mail message from the RF
d-rats station to the d-rats station that is RF connected and that is set up to
allow mail forwarding to the Internet. I don't remember exactly how to specify
that.

It's been a while since I tried this an an experiment, but it does work.  I also
saw that ops were successfully forwarding Internet e-mail last night  as part
of the exercise for N9DN's Tuesday D-RATS net on d-rats.com:9001.

I see that there is a "HOW TO" document for this. Take a look at:
http://www.d-rats.com/documentation/4-howtos/5-internet-email/
and see it that does not answer your questions.

If not, I'll be on d-rats.com:9000 this evening, we can try and work through it
then. If  we can't figure it out,  someone will be online that will know how
(maybe N3TSZ?)

73,
Mike, N0SO