[drats_users] First Mail Attempt via Radio

Debbie Fligor
Fri Jul 16 07:57:31 PDT 2010

On Jul 16, 2010, at 9:41, William Waters wrote:

> Im going to read up on the process of setting the YOUR field on the radio today as I sometimes wonder if I was getting the right value to YOUR to bring up the link in the first place.

for any of the reflectors you want CQCQCQ in the YOUR field, so that all stations copy it (after you make it link -- you do one transmission with REF15__C where "_" means space, to make it link, then switch back to CQCQCQ).  the only time it's not "CQCQCQ" is if you are doing callsign routing (which is not reflectors) over the native iCOM D-STAR network (reflectors and linking repeaters are part of the add-on "dplus" network).   So if you didn't hook in to a reflector, and wanted to talk to me, and have the iCOM network "just find me" you would then put N9DN in "YOUR".  if instead you wanted to talk to me by linking repeaters (or reflectors), you would have "YOUR" set to CQCQCQ, once the link was established.

If you have the YOUR set right to bring up the reflector, you should hear something like "remote system linked" come back from your repeater when you send it.

> I know Im close,

yep, sounds like you're very close!

> Thanks for any suggestions and answers to the above questions.
>
> 73 de Will – N7IPY

-----
-debbie, N9DN