[drats_users] checking that email is working in XP?

Dan Smith
Thu Jul 15 08:53:28 PDT 2010

> so the next thing I started working on was setting up email accounts,
> so that it can send/receive email.  I set things up just like they
> are on my Mac, but I never see it try and connect to gmail.com in the
> event log or debug log.  I've never set up the email side on windows,
> so I'm wondering if

> 1) I just missed something

Hard to say without seeing your config, but it shouldn't be anything
obscure.  I assume the email account is enabled...  Wanna send me a
config file privately with the account details scrubbed?

> 2) this particular
> beta isn't doing email checks on windows (it's working fine on my
> Mac).  I know the "connected to internet" button is checked.

No, I don't think so.

What happens if you try to send/receive that account directly?  The
arrow to the right of the send/receive button should let you kick that
account manually.