[drats_users] Internet Email Question

desloan at aol.com
Sat Jan 23 15:29:03 PST 2010

Dan,
   I am doing the below while connected to the Internet.

Dave

In a message dated 1/23/2010 4:05:55 P.M. Mountain Standard Time,
desloan at aol.com writes:

Dan,
Sorry about the '>' that was fat fingers and old  eyes missing it when I
proofed it. I just tried the same thing from here on my  laptop. Here is what
the 'Event log' showed:

2010-01-23 15:22:36  Message "Saturday Test" received from N0EOP
(forwarding to  d-rats at earthlink.net)

Here is a screen shot of how I addresses the  "Email Message"

This  message was delivered to my aol inbox.

When I was sending the below Email I was on my desktop as N0EOP. I think
that I have both of the systems configured the same in DRATS except for the
-1  ssdi on the laptop. I filled in the email the same both times. The one
above  went through. The one below created the 'inturrupt' msg and did not get
sent.  Any idea why?

TNX & 73,
Dave N0EOP

PS.
Dan the training at the EOC went very well. We exchanged a lot of  keyboard
chats and a lot of messages. This was done both via RF and over the
Internet. We had 3 or 4 stations that operated from their homes. Overall the
training was very productive.
In a message dated 1/23/2010 3:11:39 P.M.  Mountain Standard Time,
dsmith at danplanet.com writes:
> When I was trying  to send an email, I was seeing this in the "Event Log":
>
>  2010-01-23 13:03:11 [RATS3] Message transfer of foo started with
> _D-RATS at EARTHLINK.NET_ (mailto:D-RATS at EARTHLINK.NET)
>
> 2010-01-23 13:04:41 [RATS3] Transfer Interrupted (0%  complete)
>
> Any ideas what was causing the interrupt. I  tried this through 3
> different ratflectors and received the  same.

Well, first off, the email address has a '>' in it instead of  a '.'
before the 'net'.  However, who are you trying to send it  through?  You
need another station to provide an email gateway in  order to send it
(other than your station going directly to email).   The ratflector
simulates an RF channel only; it doesn't provide any  high-level services
like an email gateway.

--
Dan  Smith
dsmith#danplanet.com,  s/#/@/