[drats_users] Ubuntu users: d-rats packages available

sconklin Lists
Fri Dec 3 20:39:57 PST 2010

Ubuntu users:

I have been working with Dan to get d-rats packaged up for Debian and
Ubuntu. I have what I hope is a final good packaging of 0.3.3b5 (beta
5) available now on my PPA here:

https://launchpad.net/~sconklin/+archive/hampackages

Packages are available for Ubuntu Lucid (10.04) and Maverick (10.10).

I've been running the Lucid version with no problems.

There are instructions on that page for how to add this PPA to your system.

After you have added the PPA, do the following to install d-rats:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install d-rats.

Provided no problems are found in this Ubuntu test version, I'll
request that d-rats be uploaded for debian, and it will eventually be
available there and in Ubuntu from the regular archives. I'll keep
this list informed of progress there.

I'll be away camping tomorrow and most of Sunday, so if you leave me
mail I'll respond when I get back.

Thanks,

Steve AI4QR