[drats_users] Drats proxy on G2 server progress?

Dan Smith
Wed Aug 11 08:32:07 PDT 2010

Hi Gary,

> They believe one of the next logical steps would be to install a
> Drats proxy on a G2 repeater. I agreed to allow it on the WG2MSK
> repeater, this is a non Icom repeater that runs the G4ULF package.

Just fair warning, I don't really know anything about the G4ULF system.

> I spoke to someone at the Dayton booth this year, and he indicated
> it would have to be done by Robin and his Dplus.

That would have been me :)

On a normal G2 repeater stack, dplus is where it needs to happen, yes.
Not sure about a G4ULF system.

> Has ANY progress been made on this?

Nope.  I can't say I'm terribly interested in doing the work (and I
don't think Robin is either) to enable this, although I know it's
something that needs to happen.  I've tried to push this angle in the
past, but without a driving passion for the solution, it's not likely
that I'm going to continue to beat people over the head about it.

> If not, our repeater uses a Satoshi V7 board that has a data jack
> (We also have Marks, and can now use it as the software now supports
> it). Any way to leverage it?

Someone more familiar with the hardware and software would have to chime
in.  I think the typical use case for these boards is as a repeater, not
as a client for another one.