[drats_users] gps ???

Mike Heitmann
Tue Aug 10 19:14:56 PDT 2010

On Tue, 2010-08-10 at 21:18 -0400, Francis Miele wrote:
> Mike,
>
> some of the stations are out on the edge of the repeaters coverage,
> but I tested with my own mobile and I am just a couple of air miles
> away. My mobile was never properly identified, yet one of those out on
> the fringe gets identified as unknown and then immediately shows up
> with his call sign
>
> Are you running the same version as I am, ver 0.3.3b2? I think it used
> to work ok with earlier versions, but it has been a while since I
> messed with drats.

Hi Fran,

I'm running 0.3.3b2 on Fedora 13 Linux, using an IC-2820 radio (and
sometimes an IC-92AD). Both work fine. In fact, it's fun to monitor the
local repeater (K0MDG) on Sunday nights when the Ozark D-STAR net is on,
I get position reports from all over the place!

A couple of basic questions: Is your GPS is reporting good position
data? And do you see the position reported by the radio via DPRS?

You might try a test using a simplex frequency where you know you're
close enough for a good RF path.

Mike, N0SO