[drats_users] [D-RATS] #127: Map tile issue in a specific location

Brian Mury
Wed Apr 21 22:59:04 PDT 2010

On Wed, 2010-04-21 at 17:35 -0400, Andrew Hart wrote:
> The maps  with version D-RATS 0.3.3b1, now do not have the error they
> had before with the repeated tiles - good work on locating the
> problem. I tried at numerous different zoom levels and geographic
> locations and all was good.

This looks like it is fixed for me as well. I'll give it a better
workout over the next few days

I'm seeing station locations shown in the wrong place. It looks like
they get offset by an amount that depends on the zoom level and centre
point. It looks like the offset also differs between stations. I
couldn't see this before because of the tile issue! This could be a
completely unrelated issue, I'll create a new ticket for it if there
isn't one already.

I'm also seeing some drawing and scrolling issues where tiles along one
side of the window will be drawn incorrectly - and then don't scroll
when the rest of the map does (using the scrollbars). This seems to be
related to the edge of the window, not the location on the map like the
initial bug. I'll create a ticket for this as well.

In spite of these two issues, this is a huge improvement! The map was
not usable at all for me before - now it is! :-)

Brian