[drats_users] [D-RATS] #127: Map tile issue in a specific location

Andrew Hart
Wed Apr 21 14:35:44 PDT 2010

Hello Dan

The maps  with version D-RATS 0.3.3b1, now do not have the error they had
before with the repeated tiles - good work on locating the problem. I tried
at numerous different zoom levels and geographic locations and all was good.

Since both d-rats and APRSISCE (Windows version) use the same map set from
openstreetmap.org and the mapnik png tiles, I merged the tile sets together.
However I found that you both use slightly different numbering for the
directories less than 10, you use single digits 0,1,2 etc and Lynn in
APRSISCE uses double digits 00, 01 etc.

To minimize map downloads could you change to use the double digit
nomenclature.

Or, should I be asking Lynn Deffenbaugh KJ4ERJ to change, if this is not how
the tile sets are arranged on the server, I tried to look it up myself but
had no joy as to the way the server saves them

Thanks and 73

Andy Hart - VE3NVK

--
Andrew Hart C.Eng. MRINA
 radio call VE3NVK

28, Chimo Drive, Kanata, ON, K2L 1A5 Canada

tel: 613 592 5043