[drats_users] Use of TNC with D-RATS

John Davis
Mon Apr 5 15:56:08 PDT 2010

One option to Scott's "Winlink services via RF to a RMS Packet station" comment.  The option for sending through an RMS packet node or Ratflector (with a TNC connected) would be desireable.  I run an RMS Packet node and a Ratflector right now.  Would like to eliminate one...I vote the RMS packet node.

Sorry for opening Pandora's box, Dan.

John
WB4QDX

From: drats_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com [mailto:drats_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com] On Behalf Of Scott Currie
Sent: Monday, April 05, 2010 6:04 PM
To: drats_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
Subject: Re: [drats_users] Use of TNC with D-RATS

Dan--
I would say there are probably a lot of lurkers out here that would like to see more robust TNC support.  As others have mentioned, D-Rats is the Swiss Army Knife for us, but it is still an uphill battle for some groups to add D-Star support.  Many folks have old TNC's gathering dust, we should blow the dust off and use them with D-Rats!  I for one would like to see:

AX.25 support for UI frames via digi's and/or connected state via nodes
Winlink services via RF to a RMS Packet station (would require connected state of course)

-Scott

Message: 1