[drats_users] Use of TNC with D-RATS

Dan Smith
Mon Apr 5 15:06:58 PDT 2010

> AX.25 support for UI frames via digi's and/or connected state via nodes

Well, for the regular part of the D-RATS protocol, connected state is
going to be more overhead than it's worth, just because of the way the
protocol is.

> Winlink services via RF to a RMS Packet station (would require connected
> state of course)

This would be cool, of course, and pretty easy.  In fact, I've already
had the connected state stuff hacked in there to test with.  It
shouldn't be too hard to do this part with the existing WL2K code, which
is already abstracted from the telnet part of the connection.

Famous last words, eh?