[drats_users] 0.3.2

Mike Heitmann
Sun Apr 4 08:26:30 PDT 2010

On Sun, 2010-04-04 at 11:03 -0400, Bill Cherepy wrote:
> OK, I had to uninstall beta 13 before Synaptic would see 0.3.2 and I
> have it installed.

Ok, uninstalling the beta version was what I was going to suggest next.
I had to do that as well on my systems, both with Ubuntu and Fedora
Linux. When beta 0.3.3b1 comes out, you may have to uninstall 0.3.2 to
see the betas again.

> Now I have another problem. I made a change in File>Preferences> Radio
> and clicked save and D-RATS has ceased responding. It's been sitting
> in the same state for about seven (7) minutes now. The Save button is
> a light grayish blue as is the main window. I did not have any problem
> making g the same change in the Windows version. I unclicked a local
> RATS reflector and clicked on RATS.

Hmmm... there must be something about the changed reflector definition
that d-rats doesn't like. I' go into the .d-rats/ folder and open
d-rats.config with a text editor and take a look at the ports defined.
Here is what mine looks like:

[ports]
ports_2 = True,net:ns:9000,,True,True,A-ns
ports_3 = True,net:ref.d-rats.com:9000,9600,False,False,B-Ratflector
ports_0 = True,net:ref.d-rats.com:9001,,False,False,C-Ratf-RF

I'd consider changing True to False in all of them, then kill d-rats and
start it again. If it's a port that is hanging it up, that should allow
it to start and you can re-enable each port one at a time to determine
which one it doesn't like.

Another option would be to delete the d-rats.config file and restart
d-rats - it will walk you through the initial setup when it restarts.

I would save (copy to another folder or rename) the old d-rats.config
file to use as a reference if needed.

Good luck!

73,
Mike, N0SO