[drats_users] d-rats_repeater?

Mike Heitmann
Thu Apr 1 13:56:05 PDT 2010

All,

d-rats-repeater is in the current beta, and it works. It's running right now at my home on a Fedora 12 Linux system: ratf.n0so.net port 9000

- You may connect and find "nobody home" if no one else is currently
connected :-)

On Linux (both Fedora and Ubuntu, I believe) it's under the desktop menu "Applications" in category "Other".

I've always had to start d-rats_repeater separately from the OS, not from the d-rats client under Linux or Windows.

The RPM and Ubuntu build utilities have always included a "d-rats_repeater.desktop" file in the distribution packages that adds an option to start it to the Linux Desktop "Applications->Other->" menu, and I've seen them in the Ubuntu menu in the same place, I believe.

Under windows you may need to manually go in and add d-rats_repeater to the Start->Programs-> menu, or navigate to the d-rats folder and double-click on the file "d-rats_repeater.exe . I've always installed the Windows versions by unzipping the .zip file rather than using the installer, maybe the installer adds those options to the "Start->Programs" menu for you.

Not sure about the MAC platforms.

That's been my experience.

Hope this helps, if not I'll be on the reflectors later this evening (after Maundy Thursday services tonight) - we can chat on d-rats and I can walk you through how I start up the one running at ratf.n0so.net.

73,
Mike, N0SO