[drats_users] Running D-RATS From Source in Windows

MG Heitmann
Tue Sep 15 08:57:14 PDT 2009

>You can't run from source in Windows.

Sure you can, but you need the proper execution/development environment (which I am apparently lacking and unable to get setup propperly).

>Source is used in Linux or Unix environments...
>If you really want to play with Source then you need to install a Unix environment such as Mandrake, Unbuntu, Suse, Red Hat, etc....

Already doing that, and I agree. It's my preferred environment. Most of the time I run D-RATS (from source) on my Linux file server in an X-TERM on my laptop while I watch TV with my spouse. As I said, attempting to get it working from source under Windows is just for fun (and a learning experience).

73,
Mike, N0SO