[drats_users] Cannot use the latest beta version on Mac

Dan Smith
Mon Sep 14 12:28:09 PDT 2009

> I had put that on the back burner, missed that yours wasn't working
> right.  I'll see what I can do.

No problem :)

I've actually been working on a different approach to the problem.  I
now have an installer package that lays down the full MacPorts
environment configured for proper use (but in /opt/kk7ds instead of the
default location).  A user needs to install this only once.  After that,
a .app package containing only the D-RATS source and a loader that makes
sure to call the proper python runtime is all you need for each release.

If you want to try it, you can get the .app here:

  http://www.d-rats.com/download/beta/tmp/

and the runtime here:

  http://www.d-rats.com/download/OSX_Runtime/

There are still some wrinkles I need to iron out with the .app, but if
you (or anyone) wants to give it a try, I'd appreciate feedback on the
approach.