[drats_users] email to/from gateway connected D-RATS ?s

Dan Smith
Fri Oct 30 10:47:21 PDT 2009

> - Am trying to send & receive email from an internet connected computer
> in preparation of taking the next step and connecting to the same
> computer via remote RF connected D-RATS laptop/radio. Both of these
> scenarios will work in D-RATS, right?

Well, as we have identified in the last couple of days, the
internet-only single-computer scenario has a bit of an issue in 0.3.1
that will need to be corrected.  I'd recommend you go ahead with adding
an RF peer to the mix as that should be okay.

> - Going to section 0.3.3, I don't find "Form Manager", but hit the "new"
> button, then "email", and "ok".

That guide was written for 0.2.x.  The "Forms" tab in 0.3.x is the
equivalent, so you're doing the right thing.

> - From there the message just sits in the outbox and does not go
> anywhere. I have the "Incoming Email" polling set at 5 minutes. Looking
> at the "Event Log", there is no message about anything to do with
> messages, sending or otherwise. Both Chat and Files are set to the
> D-RATS reflector. Every 5 minutes (polling time I set in email) "Event
> Log" shows a Sniff, RPC, Chat, and Control. And there is unopened email
> in the gmail account I used to set up D-Rats...but it does not retrieve
> it either (another issue from the above, but maybe related).

I suspect you're missing the part where you add an access rule to allow
the email to be sent.  Refer to this message/thread from a few days ago
and see if that clears it up for you:

http://lists.danplanet.com/pipermail/drats_users/2009-October/002389.html