[drats_users] [D-RATS] #144: email not sending/forwarding

Carl Davis
Thu Oct 29 12:52:10 PDT 2009

> When a form leaves D-RATS as an email message, D-RATS
> encapsulates the
> original form in an attachment to the email.  This
> allows another
> instance of D-RATS that were to receive it to reconstruct
> the original
> message.  This doesn't make much sense for an email
> since there's
> nothing special.  However, if you had done this with
> something like an
> ICS-213 which can't be represented in an email, the
> do_not_open_me
> attachment would let another D-RATS reconstruct the
> original form.
>
> So, if you had sent an ICS-213 form to the email address
> that I have my
> D-RATS checking, I would just see a new ICS-213 form
> instead of an
> email.  Does that make any sense?

No, that doesn't make sense.  I tried to send a 213 form to an email address.  Filled out the form and it went to the out box.  Then I hit forward.  My two choices are ratflector or RF ratflector.  Then it hit cancel.  Well now the message is locked by another function and Right clicking the mouse does not yield the end or stop functions.  What am I missing?
Carl