[drats_users] Sending Messages

Dan Smith
Mon Oct 26 06:51:01 PDT 2009

> I'm using version 3.1 and have a question about sending messages.  I
>  have "Auto forward" enabled and "Queue flush interval" set at 60
> seconds.  I had 2 messages queued up for someone else.  That person
> started D-Rats and I was waiting for the messages to automatically be
>  sent.  They never went.

Did they just start D-RATS or did they send a packet so that they showed
up in the Stations list.  D-RATS can't tell that the other station is
now available unless it hears it.

> I tried to click the 2 messages and manually forward the messages and
> it said they were locked by another function.

Well, that means it *tried* to send them and is either in the process of
it, or something broke.

> I had to restart D-Rats and then select forward the message to
> finally send them.  I think I remember the beta program automatically
> sending messages.  Anyone else notice this.

Please reproduce it with a clean-running D-RATS and post the debug log
for me.  The message locking stuff is pretty new, so it's certainly
possible that there's a snag somewhere.