[drats_users] D-Rats Using The DV-Dongle

Dan Smith
Tue Oct 20 15:27:58 PDT 2009

> Thanks for you help Dan.  The group here has been talking about it and
> we think it's some kind of a timing issue.  I guess when you think about
> it the packets are making the trip from the PC to the dongle, back in
> the PC, through the network, to the gateway, through the stack, out to
> RF, to the radio, serial port to the other PC.  I can imagine how
> critical the timing is in that string.  Somewhere in there the packets
> are getting clobbered.

Well, speaking from a completely uninformed position, I think it's
actually more likely a timing and DV stream construction issue
completely within DVTool, but I'm not sure.

> Attached is bits and pieces of what the packets look like in the chat
> window of D-Rats.  It's cut and pasted from the Main Text log.  When I
> can I'll send you the log on the RF side when we do that test.

Thanks, this is good.  I actually just got out my dongle (er, DVDongle
that is) and did some testing.  I was surprised that it seems even more
broken than you describe :)

Anyway, I sent off an email to Robin so we'll see what he says.