[drats_users] D-Rats Using The DV-Dongle

Dan Smith
Tue Oct 20 14:28:16 PDT 2009

> We had broken packets 100% of tests 1 and 2.  I couldn't even ping the
> RF station using the Dongle.  The RF station received broken packets, in
> yellow and the text was unintelligible.  When he switched to the Dongle
> everything was ok.

Ouch.  Okay, this definitely seems like the dongle is breaking things up
a bit, perhaps because it's being too eager to transmit.  I'll have to
ask Robin about it.  Is there any chance you could re-do just a couple
of these and send me the matching log from the RF station as well?  it
would help to see what the broken packets actually look like.

I'd really like to hear from people like Dave and Tony about this,
because I thought they had indicated more success.  Guys, do you see the
same behavior?

Thanks, Ron.  I'll send Robin an email and see what we can come up with.