[drats_users] d-rats email / map use ?

brent@eng
Thu Oct 15 15:39:26 PDT 2009

- Regarding the email option in D-RATS that allows "an email message can be
created.by a remote user in the field and transferred across D-STAR to a
properly configured internet connected D-RATS station at which time the
email message will automatically be sent to the internet".  My question is,
how would a D-RATS user know that the internet connected D-RATS station
exists?  Is this something that you would have to have figured out (and
known about) in advance?  Or is there a node list available?  Or do you get
on the D-RATS reflector and "broadcast" this availability using a specific
icon?

- And, what does the option of "broadcast this location" do in the map view?

- Finally, I have found the D-RATS archives and am wondering if there was a
way to search them other than going through the subjects.

Thanks for a great and fun D-STAR program!

Brent

w9dbe