[drats_users] Drats and DvTool

Dan Smith
Fri Oct 9 14:18:32 PDT 2009

> In relation to this guide......Isnt it good idea to put this info up on
> the drats website to guide others ????????

Sure, lets put it in a FAQ entry.

Some notes:

> 3) The Port config box shows back up with your new port named DONGLE.
> Check the enable box next to DONGLE and chech the sniff box to the right
> of DONGLE but leave the raw text box UNCHECKED. Then Click SAVE at the
> bottom of the page.

I wouldn't recommend the sniff option for most users.  Also, if you
uncheck the raw text setting then you won't see broken blocks if they
come in.  This means you won't be able to tell when an RF user is on the
fringe and tried to send you something you couldn't decode.

> Do not try to enter text on the Data tab on the Dongle DV tools while
> connected to D-RATS or it will crash DV Tools.

Interesting.  Someone might want to report this to Robin.

> If you need to go back and use RF D-RATS just go back in the D-RATS
> Config box and uncheck DONGLE and enable your normal port and click save
> and your ready. Thats it. Good luck and have fun.

You can have multiple paths enabled at once, so you can be connected to
the dongle, the ratflector, and a radio all at the same time.

> If you try to use the data only on the DV Tools software, Most of the
> time only DV Dongle users can see it. Some time even RF users can see it
> but RF users can not chat back with you.

This shouldn't be the case, so I don't want to post it that way.  I
think we still need to hear back from Ron (it was Ron, right?) about the
testing before we decide if there is some trouble here.  Dongle<->RF
traffic should definitely work, of course.