[drats_users] Drats and DvTool

Leon Singh
Fri Oct 9 13:32:30 PDT 2009

In relation to this guide......Isnt it good idea to put this info up on the
drats website to guide others ????????

> I just performed D-RATS with the DV Dongle. Here is what you have to do to
get it to work.

> Make sure you have the Latest DV Tools Beta software and make sure you
have the latest D-RATS software.

> You must perform the port changes below in order for it to work.
>
> 1) First bring up the DV Tools for the Dongle and open and connect to
reflector 015 C for D-RATS Only. No voice is allowed on Reflector 015 C. It
is for D-RATS Only.

> 2) Open the latest version of D-RATS. Click File and then Click
preferences. Click Radio,uncheck your normal port for D-RATS and at the
bottom of the screen, click add. A new add box comes up with Name and Type.
Next to name, Type in DONGLE and in the box below it shouls say serial.
Click the arrow at the end of the box and dongle will be at the bottom.
Click dongle and at the bottom of the box click ADD.

> 3) The Port config box shows back up with your new port named DONGLE.
Check the enable box next to DONGLE and chech the sniff box to the right of
DONGLE but leave the raw text box UNCHECKED. Then Click SAVE at the bottom
of the page.

> 4) On your D-RATS page, click the chat tab and enter a chat message and
you can now perform D-RATS just as you did on the RF Radios.
> Do not try to enter text on the Data tab on the Dongle DV tools while
connected to D-RATS or it will crash DV Tools.

> If you need to go back and use RF D-RATS just go back in the D-RATS Config
box and uncheck DONGLE and enable your normal port and click save and your
ready. Thats it. Good luck and have fun.

> If you try to use the data only on the DV Tools software, Most of the time
only DV Dongle users can see it. Some time even RF users can see it but RF
users can not chat back with you. You will have to perform the task above to
get the D-RATS to work with DV Dongle.

--

Leon Singh  - 9Z4BM
http://9z4bm.tripod.com/

I am able to do all things through Christ who strengthens me .