[drats_users] D-Rats Using The DV-Dongle

Dan Smith
Tue Oct 6 08:33:20 PDT 2009

> Dongle to Dongle seems to be ok also.  It's just Dongle to RF where
> there is a problem and to the point that it's not usable.  The Dongle
> users usually can copy the D-Rats chats from the RF users ok.

What version of D-RATS are the RF stations running that are unable to
copy the Dongle-initiated traffic?

Can you do a couple of tests for me?  Try:

 1. Sending the same message ten times and tell me the number of them
    that show up broken (even if 100%)
 2. Send messages in groups of three in increasing lengths.  Start with
    "Hello", send that three times, then "Hello my name is Ron", send
    that three times, then "Hello my name is Ron, what is your name?",
    send that three times, etc.
 3. Start D-RATS fresh, transfer a file or message _from_ a Dongle user
    _to_ an RF user and then immediately capture the debug log and send
    it to me.

That will help me get a handle on some things and we can go from there.
 Multiple people doing the above on various systems would be helpful as
well.