[drats_users] D-Rats Using The DV-Dongle

Dan Smith
Mon Oct 5 20:28:47 PDT 2009

Hi Ron,

> I was on the REF0015C reflector today testing the DV-Dongle. Two other
> stations were on and I received a couple of messages from them ok. Then
> I received, what I call "broken packets". The messages that I received
> were in yellow with a CQCQCQ address, a [SOB] in the beginning of the
> packet and a [EOB] at the end. The text was unreadable. I have also seen
> this
> when sending a message in D-Rats from a  DV-Dongle to a radio.
>
> Has anyone else noticed this and is there a fix for it.

To be perfectly honest, I've never actually used D-RATS through the
dongle :)

I'm a little confused because some people seem to report 100% success
with complex things like file transfers and others seem to report broken
packets even with things like chat.

My guess is that there is some tuning to be done on the socket that
DVTool listens on, but I haven't had a chance to test it and report the
findings to Robin.  I'll do that when I get a chance.