[drats_users] drats_users Digest, Vol 14, Issue 1

Dan Smith
Fri Oct 2 07:42:42 PDT 2009

> The auto qst's we are looking to have backup for report river flow
> and flood information.   This information is important because we
> have a dam that starting to fail in the Puget Sound Area.  Due to the
> structural status of the dam,  it has  greatly reduced capacity  to
> perform it's flood control function.   We are expecting major
> flooding in the Kent and Auburn valley.

Hmm, okay, well, I still think that the potential for flooding (no pun
intended) the channel if the synchronization breaks is a problem.
Wouldn't it be reasonable to set each side to half the interval needed
so that you get alternating beacons in the normal case?  Using intervals
of :15, :30, :45 you can ensure that they go out at 15, 30, and 45 past
the hour so that they get evenly spaced.

> Would it be more manageable or useful to others to request a D-RATS
> configuration export/import function?

You mean a way to export a QST configuration to a file for easy import
on another side?  I'd *much* rather do that, if you think that would be
helpful.