[drats_users] not a i386

Mike Heitmann
Mon Nov 16 09:17:25 PST 2009

________________________________
>> On my Fedora 11 x86_ 64 system, I just download the d-
>> rats-0.3.1.tar.gz file and unpack it to /use/local/share/
>> applications/. You can change directory to there and then run the d-
>> rats application from that directory.

>Manually?  You should be able to do "python setup.py install".  Is that
>not working for some reason?

Yes, python setup.py install almost always works, except for a very few beta
releases where there were issues.

I like to keep the last several versions in /usr/local/share/applications/,
then use a shell script from /usr/local/bin to start the one I want to run.
Something like:
#!!/bin/bash
# file d-rats-0.3.2b6.sh
cd /usr/local/share/applications/d-rats-0.3.2b6/
export PATH=".":$PATH
drats

That always seems to always work. Linking the script to start the most
recent version in /usr/local/bin to 'd-rats' allows entering 'd-rats' to start the
most recent version:
ln -s d-rats-0.3.2b6.sh d-rats

It's probably overkill, but it's worked so far.

73,
Mike, N0SO
n0so at att.net