[drats_users] D-RATS 0.3.2b6

eegah1
Fri Nov 13 09:24:55 PST 2009

Dan:
- With 2b6 I did a reinstall over previous 2b5 (not a new clean install, but
will try this weekend on another computer).
- With the Spell Check, I have not installed the spell checker software yet
but I can not find the Check Spelling box. I understand that it won't check
until the spelling is installed, but should the check box not even show up?
I can not find it anywhere in the Chat Preferences nor the Chat Tab.
- Will the spell checking ultimately be extended beyond "chat" to
"messages"?
- SSID shows and looks good as does the callsign in the lower right corner
of the platform. Will test the WL2K SSID email later and advise if problems.
- From past issues...
- I create Files, Maps, and FormLogos directories in the D-Rats directory
and they get wiped out every new beta install. Is this right? If so, I will
just create the directories elsewhere (out of the D-Rats directory).
- If you have not had previous feedback, the external GPS hook works great
so far just connecting to my desktop computer. Will connect to remote mobile
system next week and try. Does D-Rats go out and poll the GPS every so often
for new data to update it's coordinates? It will show a moving mobile
station, right?
- With the new email features is the work-around for forwarding emails still
to keep the * in the callsign and then "both" in "Email Access"? Or can this
be deleted and rules for specific email access put in?
- Finally, did you get the WL2K setup instruction files and the RMS Link
test file? I had to send the RMS Link via a different email address and
wanted to make sure they all ended up with you.
Thanks.
Brent w9dbe