[drats_users] D-RATS 0.3.2b5 WL2K email

eegah1
Wed Nov 11 09:23:17 PST 2009

Dan:
- Am running into a problem with the WL2K email check.
- Attached are two debug files. One is for station W9DBE and the other for
W9DBE-10.
- I sent email to W9DBE * winlink.org and then connected to W9DBE-10 D-Rats
station to check the email. W9DBE-10 collected the W9DBE WL email and put it
in it's outbox. Then nothing further...it stays in the W9DBE-10's outbox and
does not get forwarded to the W9DBE D-Rats station.
- W9DBE-10 showed "W9DBE requested a mail check", and then "Checking mail
for W9DBE: Queued 2 messages". W9DBE then shows "Mail Check via W9DBE-10: No
Response", and then "Mail check via W9DBE-10: No messages".
- Both D-Rats stations have "Automatically forward messages" enabled, 60
second queue flush interval, 3600 station TTL, and "include original in
reply" enabled.

- On a separate thought...as I test the WL2k email check between the
stations, have gotten confused a few times on which station is logged on
with what SSID (or none). Would it make sense to have the D-Rats logged in
callsign with SSID shown somewhere on the display (bottom status bar?)? And
on the same topic, does it make sense to have the name of the connected
stations shown somewhere? If they were you could tell that station W9DBE-1
was actually "EOC", KC9ORB was "Red Cross", and so on. Might simplify
communications a bit when in the stress of an emcomm event. Just a couple of
thoughts...
Thanks.
Brent w9dbe