[drats_users] D-RATS 0.3.2b4

Gary Sutton
Sat Nov 7 16:39:27 PST 2009

Funny that you guys should be discussing this today. Our ARES group had its
SET today, and I was getting stuff together last night in preparation for
the event, and figured I better have Winlink capability, as we were not
given any pre-event information about what to expect (on purpose), so take
as much capability as I can, right? Well, I forgot that my old trusty TNC
had developed a problem many months ago so it was not available, but I knew
I was going to have two radios with me that had D-STAR capability. I thought
that it would be nice if there was an easy way to access Winlink via D-STAR.
So, perfect timing on the discussion, guys :).

If we could convince the local guys on packet who have full-time RMS Gateway
stations on the air, to also run D-RATS and have a D-STAR radio set to the
local D-STAR repeater, then we would have another path into Winlink. For me,
that would be very nice to have, as I would much prefer to forget about
having to carry around the TNC and simply use the data capability I already
have in the D-STAR radios.

73 de Gary, WB5PJB

Or, perhaps get a Linux program written for