[drats_users] config page PDF error / ratflector / continue setup

Dan Smith
Sat Nov 7 14:34:06 PST 2009

> - Wanted to let you know that I tried to access the "Configuration" PDF
> file in the documents and the link does not work (all others do). The
> one I am talking about is "Documentation / User Manual
> / Configuration" and then it fails when clicking on the upper right PDF
> icon (TCPDF error:...).

Okay, try it now.  It creates the PDF properly, but it looks like there
may be some other issues as well.  That's built into the CMS I use, so
it's a nice perk, but if it doesn't work, it's hard to figure out
why....  You might also try the "printer friendly" icon to the right,
which may make a better PDF anyway.

> - With the "Running Your Own Ratflector", is there a way to connect two
> (or more) D-Star radios running D-Rats via RF voice/data through the
> Internet? So if two stations are separated further than RF range will
> allow them to connect via simplex D-Rats connection (and they can not
> access D-Star Internet connected Gateways), but they have Internet
> connections...is there a way can they connect both via D-Rats (laptop
> connection) as well as by RF voice? And if so, can it be done without
> taking bandwidth on your public Ratflectors but on the users connection?
> A variation of "3.2 Scenario 2"?

The ratflector app can't do anything with voice.  Period.  It can bridge
data between two distant RF domains though, yes.  Simply follow the
instructions on how to connect a private ratflector to the public ones,
but instead of using my address, point it at the other ratflector.

> - Thanks for your recent help on the code for APRS/DPRS, everything
> still seems to work well. Am going to continue setting things up and
> will let you know if I find any issues. Next will be setting up an
> external GPS, QST weather/gps feeds between D-Rats connected RF
> stations, and really get to know the message "path" / "forwarding"
> options as well as form creation.

Excellent, glad to hear it :)