[drats_users] D-RATS 0.3.2b2 update

Dan Smith
Thu Nov 5 07:20:06 PST 2009

> I did just open a received email and changed the destination callsign to
> WB5PJB to see if it gets automatically forwarded, and it did not move to
> the outbox by itself (is it supposed to?). I'll continue to do more testing.

Nope, it's not supposed to.  You'd need to drag it there yourself.

> One question: Is it possible to send an email to the DRATS configured
> address that will automatically get routed to a station on the DRATS
> network? In other words, what would the email have to look like for
> DRATS to recognize it as bound for another station and put it in the
> outbox for forwarding?

Yes, if you can craft the address properly.  An properly formatted
internet email address looks something like the following:

  Dan Smith <dsmith at danplanet.com>

Where there is a name and an address.  The address is inside the <>
brackets and the bit before it is the name.  D-RATS uses the name
portion as the destination callsign, and obviously the address needs to
be fixed.  So, if your D-RATS address is bud at talbot.com, then you can
format a message to be sent to me by sending the mail to the following:

  KK7DS <bud at talbot.com>

D-RATS will receive it because of the address.  It will then pull out
the "KK7DS" and put that in the destination callsign of the resulting
form and place it in the Outbox.

Make sense?