[drats_users] D-Rats / DPRS Interface not working

IZ5FSA, Leo
Wed Nov 4 01:09:59 PST 2009

2009/11/4 Dan Smith <dsmith at danplanet.com>:
> Hi Brent.
>
>> - Am not able to get the D-Rats & DPRS interface working "together".
>
> Well, as I said before, I don't really know much about how to do this
> and I think you're going to need to hear from IZ5FSA about it.  Leo, can
> you offer some words about how to do this with a recent D-RATS?

My experience on windows is so far and I cannot make a test, but I'm
quite sure about this:
1) DPRSInterface use the COM port to connect to the radio and bridge
all received data to a server APRS-IS
2) APRS client like UI-View connect to DPRSInterface on port 14551
3) D-RATS connect the radio via DPRSInterface on net:localhost:14550

Remember you cannot use D-RATS maps to see APRS traffic from APRS-IS,
but you can use UI-VIEW to see both APRS-IS traffic and local DPRS
traffic. D-RATS remain connected to radio via DPRSInterface on
net:localhost:14550 for all the other features (chat, messaging, file
transferts).

I hope it helps.

Please, Dan, put it on DRATS Documentation pages. I'll update my
documents for Italians.

73s de Leo, IZ5FSA
MDXC #201