[drats_users] D-RATS 0.3.0b6

Arnold Harding
Sun May 10 15:43:56 PDT 2009

>> I can now Ping myself, and ask myself for my own position.  I can
>> also get a file list from myself.  (Just wait until I transfer a
>> file to myself....)  This is not bad, in fact can be very helpful.
>> I cannot test connectivity, and I don't know why I can ping and
>> transfer file lists, but can't test (not that I normally would test
>> with myself).
>
> Ah, because I haven't enlightened the connectivity tester to the
> presence of the ports.  Good catch.

Just to be dangerous, I tried getting a file from myself, and it
didn't do anything.  I'm hoping the program is smart enough to know I
was being dumb, but it's not the same item, is it?

>> Also somewhere to select what port should get used other than last
>> heard.  If we decide that a different frequency (radio) is worth
>> trying, we need a way to change ports.  Maybe it's here and I don't
>> see it.
>
> I'm not sure what you mean exactly.

Suppose you and I are D-RATting, and for whatever reason, one of us
needs to change ports to make it continue to work.  Possibly RF paths
changed during the day, or I finally put up the better antenna for the
other radio.  How do we then change ports?
     or
We tried radios 'A', and it sort of worked, but now we want to try
'B'.  Unless we can somehow change the chosen port, the only choice is
to kill the program and restart?

I hope that explains it.

Arnold