[drats_users] 91AD issues

Dan Smith
Fri May 1 18:01:15 PDT 2009

> I wish I could be more specific than 'isn't happy'.  It does
> transmit, or I couldn't get pings and some chats through.  I just
> can't get anything that I believe requires handshaking through.  I
> can't transfer any files.

Is "power save" turned on?  If so, it will just about kill the
beginning of everything that gets received.  Make sure it's off.

If you start the ping from the 91, does the other side receive it and
send a response back?

Try enabling "raw text" mode and see if you're getting the beginning
or end of a transmission in the chat screen.  If you see something
that starts with "[SOB]" or ends with "[EOB]" then you're missing a
header or trailer.

>> When you compare 5W on the 2820 to the HT, is the HT on the same
>> antenna?
> Yes.

In my experience, 5W from the 2820 and 5W from the 91 are worlds
apart, even on the same antenna.  I'd guess that this has to do with
receiver performance as Nate says, but I also expect the 91 isn't
putting out a solid 5W like the 2820 is.