[drats_users] D-RATS- HF

Tony Langdon, VK3JED
Mon Mar 30 16:05:34 PDT 2009

At 09:58 AM 3/31/2009, you wrote:
> > The problem with the ratlector is (1) it's D-RATS specific, and
>
>I guess the ability to join in a DV slow-speed data conversation via
>Jabber *might* be a little interesting, although I think I'd lose
>interest pretty darn quick :)

I see it as more of a "utility mode", like Echolink from a PC.  I
don't have much interest in using either PC based mode for general
operations, as I like to throw real RF around, and would prefer to
run D-RATS on the air, but there are times and situations where the
ability to log in from your PC is a useful tool.

> > (2) highly insecure (unless you've worked on that ;) ).
>
>Nope, but it's on the list.  I'd still encourage people to not trust
>it (or any other software they've not personally validated), but I'm
>sure they will anyway :)

IPeople will use whatever works, regardless of security.

73 de VK3JED / VK3IRL
http://vkradio.com