[drats_users] D-RATS- HF

Dan Smith
Sun Mar 29 18:38:39 PDT 2009

> Can you think of a way to transmit a D-RATS form via HF? I can
> export the form and it appears as xml. I have exported and imported
> without trouble.  My objective is to send a form through the system
> to a D-RATS/HF gateway station via D-STAR or IP. The gateway station
> picks up the form and sends it HF to a distant station and then
> imports it back into D-RATS and sends it via DSTAR or ip to its
> destination.

Luckily, the D-RATS form is all ASCII, so you should be able to use a
variety of methods to get it over the wire.  However, you should know
that it needs to be checksummed in some fashion because if you
miss-copy a character you'll likely cause it to be unparseable.

> Questions:
>
> 1. Is this is the only/best way to do this (in D-RATS)
>
> 2. What HF data mode can be used?
>
> 3. Does somebody want to try it?

I'm interested in this as well, and look forward to hearing people
more knowledgeable than myself come up with some solutions.

I added the email transport which should let you use WinLink over HF
to transport forms, so that's one way.

Packet over HF should be able to transfer the ASCII text of the form
XML easily and error-free.

Those are the only methods I can think of... What else?