[drats_users] [D-RATS] #10: D-RATS 0.3A8 wont load

Dan Smith
Thu Mar 26 15:23:11 PDT 2009

> I just attached the config file to the ticket, sorry I didn't send it
> initially.

Yeah, your config shows you have an empty river source, which is the
cause of the crash on startup and is also likely the reason for the
perceived hang when trying to add a buoy.  I've got that fixed now.

You can either nuke your config, or open it in notepad and remove the
following three lines:

  [rivers]
  rivers.label = Rivers
  rivers =

> Also I opened add a river and got stumped. I tried to add a buoy and
> it locked up. That was the end of story.

This would have been good information for the bug report :)

So, assuming you get your config cleaned up, the procedure would be:

1. Start D-RATS
2. View->Map
3. Map->Edit Sources
4. Select "NBDC buoy" from the drop-down
5. Hit add
6. Put, say, "42007,ptbm6" in the box
7. Click close
8. Click close

Notice the new group in the station list, with the buoys populated in a
few seconds.

Let me know how it works...