[drats_users] Add marker in Map, Program Freeze

Dan Smith
Tue Mar 10 10:08:26 PDT 2009

> The trick is to use  $ python2.5 d-rats in OS-X,

Right, if you run python-select (with the python-select package from
MacPorts) then you can get away with just "python d-rats".

> and i can confirm that the bug is gone in the new version.

Excellent!

> I am not a programmer but i know some little things.. is there a way
> i can build an app from this?

If you followed all of the build instructions on the website, including
the installation of py2app, you should be able to do:

  python setup.py py2app

To get the .app build in dist/.  However, the fonts will be a little
broken until you get the pango script.  You can fetch it here:

http://d-rats.com/hg/hgwebdir.cgi/d-rats-0.2.hg/raw-file/120937cefe21/build/macos/make_pango.sh

and then run it like this:

  ./make_pango /opt/local dist/d-rats*app

Afterwards, your app should work and have normal-looking fonts.  If you
get it built and working, send it to me (or post it somewhere) and I'll
put it in the beta directory with the rest of them.