[drats_users] D-RATS 0.3.0-alpha3

IZ5FSA, Leo
Fri Mar 6 02:01:47 PST 2009

2009/3/5 Dan Smith <dsmith at danplanet.com>:
>> 1. How D-RATS use local instead of remote (download just in time)
>> maps?
>
> I'm not sure I understand what you're asking here...

I mean: "I'm offline and I need local area maps: I use map downloader
and I've got maps for offline operations." But if I dump the cacheI
miss every map? So I cannot identify offline maps from online maps...
I can download lots of maps and fill all disk space. And I cannot save
permanently local area maps from "temporary maps".

>> 3. I think main window (msg, talks, etc.) need a MHEARD list like a
>> sidebar, on the left or right side... to run contextual menus on
>> callsigns... is this of D_RATSers interest?
>
> I've tried to design things like the files tab in such a way that you
> don't need to be able to right-click on a station to do things.  I think
> I will try to do something in the messages section as well.  I probably
> do need a "stations heard" list, but I've not found a way that I'm happy
> with yet.

Ok, I'm happy too. ;-)

Last but not the least: I need to make my D-RATS station a BBS
repository for friends, so I need to upload bulletin and private
messages from a BBS and store them into my form folders and then
forward to friends:
  -  personals msgs if they are "heared on the air";
  -  bulletins "on demand/by request".
How can I interface D-RATS to BBS? Can I make a plug-in, so you can
make your job and I can make this feature?

Thanks!

73s de Leo, IZ5FSA