[drats_users] D-Rats repeater linux auto restart

Dan Smith
Mon Jun 15 07:00:17 PDT 2009

> Ok yes we are getter closer, if I run killall on that pid and run
> again with the -C option(in script), will it auto-reconnect to
> d-rats comms on localhost?

If you do it within a certain amount of time, yes.  D-RATS will
auto-reconnect to whatever ratflector(s) it's set for, but will give
up after 30 seconds or so.

> I know that when d-rats comms is started before repeater gui(which
> is then turned on), then the localhost connection doesn't happen
> until I just open d-rats comms preferences(nothing altered), and
> then click save.

It will connect if you start the repeater within 30 seconds or so.

> Would have been handy in text mode if it just could have been
> commanded OFF then On again, but this workaround seems ok.

Well, instead of requiring an off/on cycle, the repeater should just
re-connect.  The next version should have that change in it.