[drats_users] D-Rats repeater linux auto restart

Adrian
Sun Jun 14 12:56:35 PDT 2009

Hi Adrian,

> > It would start up in the default OFF condition, what would turn it
> > on? I am mostly not there.  Possible via vnc , but again not
> > practical.

I just re-read what you said here and realized I misinterpreted your
comment.  When you run it with -C the repeater starts up and goes into
"on" mode immediately as there is no GUI.  So, you start it once
manually with the GUI, set up the configuration as you wish, and then
start it later with -C.  It will use the pre-set configuration and go
immediately into operation.

That's what you want, right?

I'm working on the auto-reconnect now...

Ok yes we are getter closer, if I run killall on that pid and run again with the -C option(in script), will it auto-reconnect to d-rats comms on localhost?

I know that when d-rats comms is started before repeater gui(which is then turned on), then the localhost connection doesn't happen until I just open d-rats comms preferences(nothing altered), and then click save.

After that if repeater is turned off , then on it always reconnects to localhost ok, but not sure if it gets shutdown altogether and then restarted
(In this case in text mode auto on condition, with the -C option).

I´ll just try it out and see I guess.

Thanks

vk4tux