[drats_users] Auto QST

Dan Smith
Sat Jun 13 13:27:09 PDT 2009

> I decided to try playing with the Auto QST function. I'm thinking
> that this should send automated beacons, so I set up a text QST on
> one instance with a rate of :30, and on the other with a rate of
> :15. I guessed that these rates should be in seconds, but I don't
> see anything being sent. Also, when I start them up, I get a bar
> that appears to be showing me how much longer the QSTs will be sent
> for. My 15 second QST had a life of 33 minutes, and my 30 second QST
> had a life of 42 minutes.

The units are in minutes.  If they were in seconds, we'd take down the
network in no time :)

Something like '15' means 'every 15 minutes'.  Something like ':15'
means 'always at 15 minutes past the hour'.

> I'm down to 21 and 36 minutes remaining, and have not seen any QSTs. I
> toggled the check mark and got a single beacon from each one, but
> nothing more.

If you double-click the line (not the toggle) it will send immediately
and reset the counter.

> Hmm, also discovered that the programs ended up hogging all the CPU
> time.Each instance was using 50 percent of the CPU time
> available. Had to kill them off.

Yes, this happens every once in a while (more often on Windows) on
0.3.. I still need to figure out what's causing that.