[drats_users] Offline maps

Dan Smith
Tue Jun 2 13:35:45 PDT 2009

> Is there any way that d-rats can be configured to use Microsoft map
> point maps offline, or other non internet based mapping.  My thought
> behind this is if any major emergency took out internet services,
> emergency relief station tracking would be unavailable using live
> maps or google maps.

D-RATS doesn't interact with any other map packages, especially those
from the extreme pacific northwest.  However, you can pre-download all
the maps in D-RATS that you could conceivably need ahead of time and
then operate disconnected from the network.  I have a good set of maps
for my entire area cached on my system and thus I almost never
actually fetch new maps over the internet.