[drats_users] D-RATS 0.3.0b13

Arnold Harding
Fri Jul 10 19:46:31 PDT 2009

> After adding the file attachment as a field type, I'm not so sure
> this
> is the right approach.  My thoughts were to make it a field type so
> that
> the form author could decide if a file could be attached, and so
> that
> you could have multiple attachments with specific field names where
> appropriate.  Also, for forms like the ICS-213, there may be a
> different
> form you should use when sending an attachment, per normal protocol
> or
> something.
>
> The alternative is to allow attaching files to a form arbitrarily
> (like
> email) so that you can attach files to any form you want.  I'm still
> on
> the fence, so hopefully some people will pipe up with their opinions
> so
> we have time to get it changed before 0.3.0, if necessary.

I've only used messages once, and never created any forms, so I'm
guilty of ignorance.  My thought on attachments was to simply be able
to use the routing features of messages to get "the file" to the
proper destination.  Single attachments are OK for my use.  The
simplest type like email is perfect.

Arnold