[drats_users] D-RATS 0.3.0b13

Dan Smith
Fri Jul 10 18:11:55 PDT 2009

Hi all,

I just posted 0.3.0b13.  I'd like to consider this a candidate for the
official release, so please come forward with any burning issues or bugs
you think need to be addressed first.  Changes are:

- Avoid punting when the QST configuration is corrupted
- Added units label to "message flush interval" config element
- Fix event scrolling when you're upside down
- Added a message ID to messages for later ack/nak use
- Add a form field of type "attachment" which allows attaching a file to
  a message
- Fix the message templates manager
- Fix absence of map point sources
- Added attachment field to memo form

After adding the file attachment as a field type, I'm not so sure this
is the right approach.  My thoughts were to make it a field type so that
the form author could decide if a file could be attached, and so that
you could have multiple attachments with specific field names where
appropriate.  Also, for forms like the ICS-213, there may be a different
form you should use when sending an attachment, per normal protocol or
something.

The alternative is to allow attaching files to a form arbitrarily (like
email) so that you can attach files to any form you want.  I'm still on
the fence, so hopefully some people will pipe up with their opinions so
we have time to get it changed before 0.3.0, if necessary.