[drats_users] D-RATS for EmComm

Evans Mitchell KD4EFM / AFA4TH FL / WQFK-894
Mon Jan 19 16:17:41 PST 2009

Dan, I did not really get a chance to even
try that out during the last 3 hurricanes,
even though I used it a lot to post wx bulletins
and what not, I think this year will be a fair
amount of trial and errors to work with...
As far as data comms goes!

With Voice, I think in whole, we need to keep the two
as separate as possible to maintain file / data integrity.

Just some words to put in the mind, THIS should be more then
a DUH, I know that, but more in the GUIDELINES department
if anything at all.

Evans

-----Original Message-----
From: drats_users-bounces at lists.danplanet.com
[mailto:drats_users-bounces at lists.danplanet.com] On Behalf Of Dan Smith
Sent: Monday, January 19, 2009 7:05 PM
To: Discussion of D-RATS
Subject: [drats_users] D-RATS for EmComm

Hi all,

Several people have asked me for information about using D-RATS in an
emergency communications situation.  I promised them that I'd put
together a presentation slide deck with some of the highlights as well
as screenshot examples.

I've thrown some of it together and made it available here:

  http://www.d-rats.com/download/doc/D-RATS_EmComm.pdf

I think there are probably other things that need to be mentioned in
this deck, so I wanted to send it here to get some feedback.  If you
have any comments, please post them here for discussion.

After a little review, I'll put a link to this on the main site.